Monday, April 9, 2012

Response to: Lilith's Brood, Dawn

Definitely an interesting read, not the standard alien encounter.
The interesting train of thought I was having through reading this is: how would I respond in the same situation?
I like to think I am a calm and composed person who can be quite objective. I have not been in a circumstance where my liberty has been taken out of my control so I can't really be empathetic with Lilith. What on Earth could prepare someone to interact with a completely alien species? Especially one who is holding yourself and others captive for the good of our own sake while refreshing out planet.
Returning to the question of how I would respond, we know that others responded well and integrated into the alien society but still remained alien to them. Fukumoto and other human doctor who had passed away while Lilith was just making baby steps towards a functional life with the aliens. They, if I recall correctly, did make the transition more easily but there were others who did not.
I only ended up making it about half way through, given time, and perhaps over the summer I'll go back and finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment