Monday, April 2, 2012

Response to: Leviathan

Why steampunk? Simple: my preproduction pitch that I will be pushing to senior thesis is steampunk. At least, it's as steampunk as Leviathan is; same time period different circumstances.
I should also note I did happen across Leviathan while fishing for reference imagery. My Drawing for Games teacher showed me an artist who did some work for the books.
Perhaps I should have taken this opportunity to read Mortal Engines, it might be more cyberpunk but it was recommended to me in regards to my thesis pitch.

On to Leviathan, a young adult novel, not that I would care I'm a light reader anyway. Though for what I read of it the characters felt more like tweens. I didn't end up finishing it due to time constraints.
I picked up reading it for the Clankers, but (for what I did read) continued reading it for the Darwinists. Both factions, rather, lifestyles were fairly interesting. I don't presume to have anything profound to say about it so I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment