Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Response to: The Hobbit

The Lord of the Rings has been on my list of things to read for some time now, well a year or so. I had starting reading some of the World of Warcraft books when I realized reading is fun, and that's how LotR landed a spot on the list. Of course I had seen the movies, who hasn't? As for the Hobbit, I have seen part of the animated movie or series or whichever it was, but all that was revealed to me was Bilbo finding the ring, and we all know that from watching the trilogy don't we?
So! Reading the Hobbit was a fairly delightful and fun experience. It's interesting to me how it's described to the reader as something we almost should know about but require reminders about such things as hobbits and the holes that they live in. Of course I already knew about hobbits and their holes, affinity for gardening, smoking, and big hairy feet. The clever little songs that appear throughout the text are also quite fun. Though it did surprise me when the elves frolicked and sung, they always seemed so sober in the the trilogy, then it again it was only the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment